Are you an enthusiastic advocate for ultralight or lightweight backpacking, eager to pass along your outdoor skills and experience to other hikers? Do you volunteer your time with hiking clubs or conservation organizations? If this sounds like you, then I encourage you to apply to the Gossamer Gear Trail Ambassador program. Read on for details…
If there’s one trait that all of Gossamer Gear’s Trail Ambassadors share, it’s a love of hiking in all of its forms from long distance thru-hiking and weekend backpacking trips to day-hiking, pack-rafting, peakbagging and bushwhacking.
Benefits of the Trail Ambassador Program
As a Gossamer Gear Trail Ambassador, you will receive a free Gossamer Gear Backpack of your choice when you are admitted to the Trail Ambassador Program and an on-going 25% pro-deal discount on all products manufactured by Gossamer Gear for your own personal use as long as you are a Trail Ambassador.
- A 10% off discount code that you can share with friends, family, or acquaintances who are interested in purchasing backpacks, trekking poles, and accessories from Gossamer Gear
- Free publicity and assistance for Trail Ambassador sponsored gear demos, talks and courses on ultralight and lightweight backpacking, conservation-related charity events, and publications
- Invitations to regional Trail Ambassador meetups, hikes, and backpacking trips held across North America and Europe
- A Monthly Trail Ambassador newsletter with behind-the-scenes news, product updates, and announcements
- Early access to new products and design prototypes
- A Personalized Trail Ambassador Bio Page on the Gossamer Gear Web Site.
As a Trail Ambassador, you are expected to use Gossamer Gear products when you are out on hiking and backpacking trips. You don’t have to use Gossamer Gear products exclusively, but we do want other hikers to see you using our packs, trekking poles or accessories and to be able to ask you questions about them.
Trail Ambassadors are encouraged to hold gear demos and give talks about the techniques and benefits of ultralight and lightweight backpacking. Gossamer Gear will assist you by providing product samples to demonstrate and supporting instructional materials.
Ambassadors also provide design input and feedback on new products and design prototypes, attend Trail Ambassador sponsored events or meetups in your area, and provide product testimonials, reviews, photographs and trip reports for Gossamer Gear’s blog, newsletter, and social media channels.
How to Apply
Gossamer Gear is actively trying to grow their Trail Ambassador program to reach more hikers and spread the word about the benefits of ultralight and lightweight backpacking. To that end, they have created a new online Trail Ambassador application form to make it easier to apply.
It’s not rocket science. If you are passionate about lightweight backpacking and have always wondered how other hikers get lucky enough to be picked to become part of gear manufacturer’s ambassador program, then this is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for. You don’t want to miss this – go fill out the form!
Related Posts You Might Like:
- Cleaning EVA Trekking Pole Handles
- Gossamer Gear Gorilla Voted ‘Most Versatile’ by Backpacker Magazine
- 2012 Gorilla UL Backpack | Updating a Classic